I love it when I can get bananas from the 1/2 price rack and when I see them, I pick up a lot! Yesterday I picked up about 18 pounds of bananas which cost me $7.10. So, what to do with so may bananas?
- We eat a lot of bananas and many of them are in perfect condition.
- First thing this morning I mixed up enough batter for four loaves of banana bread. Three will go in the freezer and we will work on one for breakfast. One of my favourite things to do is have loaves of banana bread, applesauce bread, zucchini bread, etc. in the freezer. That way if we are going out for the day to the splash park or other outing, I just grab a loaf from the freezer and the kids snack on it through the day.
- I make my own baby food, but it is also stage that is nearly finished for me. I like to puree bananas and freeze them in ice cube trays to use as baby food when I don't have any fresh bananas on hand.
- Here's a recipe I would like to try from Pioneer Woman's new cook book. Bananas Foster looks like a delicious treat!
- Store extra bananas in the freezer to bake more banana bread on another day.
Some of the bananas I brought home yesterday.
Four loaves of banana bread ready to go in the oven. Baby girl woke up at 5:30 this morning (yawn), so I had these in the oven by 7:00.
Mmmmmmm warm fresh banana bread for breakfast!!!